returns & exchanges
At abode, we take great pride in the products we sell and it is important to us that you are happy with your purchase. If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, we will do our best to make things right.
how to return
Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 808.791.0750. We will set you up with everything you need for the return.
Returned items are inspected immediately upon receipt. Once we’ve determined your items are in as-new condition, our team will process your return and issue a refund.
You can return an item for a refund by contacting us within five (5) days of your delivery. Items must be (1) in new/unused condition and (2) returned with all accessories and parts and securely packed in all original packaging (unless the packing was removed as a part of the In-Home Delivery, in which case please re-pack in a manner to prevent damage during return shipping). If you aren’t 100% sure that your purchase will work, we recommend that you retain all original packaging to make it easier for you to return it to us without shipping damage. Finally, (3) items must be accompanied by original purchase receipt. We are unable to accept any items for return or exchange without proof of purchase.
For most products we offer two methods of returns:
- You can choose a replacement item. With this option, we will waive the return fee, which means that your return is completely free. Our delivery partner will schedule a convenient time to collect your return and deliver your new items at the same time. For smaller courier items (quickship items 15 lbs or less), we will provide you with a pre-paid packing slip to ship back your items. Any remaining balance will be refunded in the form of merchandise credit for future use. This applies to the first exchange of any order. After that, each exchange is subject to return fees. Please note that we are unfortunately not able to offer this option to our Kauai, Molokai, and Lanai customers at this time.
- You can also choose to receive a refund made to the original form of payment less any delivery, shipping, and return fees. Please note that with this option, return fees are the customer’s responsibility and are nonrefundable. We will schedule a convenient time to collect your return items. When this happens, return fees follows the same tiered pricing structure as delivery. For smaller courier items (quickship items 15 lbs or less), the return fee is $15/item and we can provide you with a packing slip or you can use an insured mail service of your choice. Depending on your card issuer's policy, it may take up to 10 business days for your refund to appear on your credit statement.
For mattresses, we offer a modified version of our return policy. Please see below for more details.
“Rest Assured” with our 120 night comfort guarantee. We ask that you spend a minimum of thirty nights on your new mattress to allow your body to become accustomed to the new feel of your mattress. After the “break in” period if you still feel that you need another opportunity to select a different bed we provide you with one opportunity to re-select within 120 nights of the purchase of your original mattress.
- Help you reselect a new mattress and schedule a convenient pickup and delivery date.
- Provide inspection, pickup, and return of your original purchase to our fulfillment warehouse.
- Transportation and handling charges may apply.
120 nights comfort exchange details
- The mattress can be exchanged only once within 31-120 days from the date of the original delivery. The exchange must be done on one of our delivery partner trucks to avoid damage and provide valid inspection. Please be aware that all mattress purchases may only be exchanged for another mattress one time within 120 days if you don’t love it. Mattress purchases are non-refundable.
- Our comfort guarantee is available only on new mattress purchases. The mattress must be returned in original condition. This necessitates the purchase and use of a qualified mattress protector with every qualified mattress purchase. Due to manufacturer warranty terms and state and federal laws designed to protect public health, we cannot return or exchange any mattress that has been stained, damaged or abused in any way.
- Customer will receive abode credit for the purchase price of the original mattress. Pickup and delivery of new mattress must occur at the same time.
- The new mattress selection must be within 10% of the original mattress purchase price or greater. The customer is required to pay the difference between their merchandise credit and the price of the new selection.
- All electric adjustable bases, pillows, sheets, mattress protectors, mattresses, platforms, frames, and headboards are not refundable and exchangeable. These sales are final. The retail value of any free promotional offers may also be subtracted from the store credit associated with the original mattress purchase.
- Clearance and discontinued items are sold “as-is” and do not qualify for the comfort guarantee exchange privilege.
- Our comfort guarantee is not available on Special Orders. Special orders are not subject to cancellation. No refunds, exchanges or store credits will be issued on Special Orders.
We package and wrap all of our products well and work with the best delivery partners so your items arrive at your home snug, safe, and secure. However, please take a moment at the time of delivery to thoroughly inspect all items. You may refuse to accept any broken or damaged items by informing the delivery crew and making a notation on the delivery receipt. Items that are refused due to damage will be replaced as soon as possible. Other refusals will be covered by our Return Policy.
If you find any damaged or broken items after your delivery crew leaves, immediately report any product defects or damages by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us at 808.791.0750.
Delivery, shipping, and return charges are nonrefundable.
The few exceptions that cannot be returned include:
- Gift Cards
- Electric Adjustable Bases
- Mattress Protectors
- Items Marked “Final Sale” (clearly indicated on the item page before you place your order)